home about daily reads contact

Thursday, December 16, 2010

I made it.


I have yet another completed semester under my belt. I am blown away at how fast the last two years have passed. I love finishing tasks, and I consider the semester one BIG task. So YAY! Task complete. I Have only three more semesters of classes and then a semester of student teaching, which I am both incredibly excited for and super duper nervous at the same time. I feel like I have grown and changed A LOT in this semester alone. I went through some things that were very challenging but I made it out stronger. I started a new job on campus, one of the most challenging and time consuming jobs that there is. I loved (almost) every minute of it! It has really helped me learn how to manage my time which is such an important skill. I've also been stretched by it spiritually and socially. It has held me more accountable for the things that I do and say. I've also had to reach out of my little comfort zone and talk to people that I normally would have no interest in talking to. I am so thankful for this job. I also went through the loss of a best friend and boyfriend, all in one person. Break ups are never easy. But I think that I became much more independent through it. I realized that I do not need another human to be fulfilled. I am enough through Christ. That lesson alone was worth the pain. I've always been searching to be complete through earthly things and I finally understand that I was looking in all the wrong places. I got a tattoo as a reminder of this just last week. It is a small outline of a heart on my left ring finger.
I have three whole weeks off from class. I'm not sure what I will do with myself. I have lots of things in mind like...sewing, crafting, sleeping, baking, shopping, taking pictures and just enjoying this precious time. Hopefully I will be blogging more now that I have a little break from all the crazy stuff. 

Loves,
Shelby

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful little heart. :]

    I'm so excited to have a little break from school too! I feel like I have so much free time to do whatever my heart pleases. Yay!
    Hope your Christmas is super sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :)

    The free time is wonderful, isn't it? Enjoy time with your family!!!

    ReplyDelete