home about daily reads contact

Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year!

I spent the last few hours of 2010 with some of my dearest friends. We had a perfect little homemade dinner of fettuccine alfredo with garlic bread. And possibly some not-so-classy adult beverages, but no worries, we classed them up with wine glasses :) We spent the rest of the evening sitting around talking about wedding things with Melissa who just recently got engaged! We had such a fun time together.

I'm never one to make New Year Resolutions, but I feel like giving it a try this year. So here we go, for all of the internet world to see:
1. Complete P90X. I have started the program...twice. But I've yet to complete a week of it. It is only 90 days. I can do anything for 90 days. I WILL complete this. I want to do it for myself, not for anyone else. Of course I want to do it to look better, but also to feel better, and just be all around healthier. I know I am still young, but I think taking care of yourself should start sooner rather than later.
2. Be more intentional about my relationships. I find it easy to not try very hard with all sorts of relationships.  I just kinda go with it, no matter what the situation. I love the people that I have in my life and I want to keep them there. So I think I need to put more of an effort into loving them and showing them I love them. This goes for my relationship with God too. I don't think it's good to just slide by with God. I want to have a deep, beautiful, intimate relationship with my God.
3. Keep creating, and create more often. I am so proud of myself for getting my necklaces into Apricot Lane but I can't quit there. I want to make many more beautiful little things and get them out to people all over the place!
4. Watch my words. EEK. This is a hard one for me. I usually don't think twice about what I say when I am with my friends. But I have felt almost guilty about my choice of words lately. I don't think its always a bad thing to use cuss words, but I also don't think it is a good thing. I know that when I hear it from someone else, I cringe a little. So I don't want people cringing at my words. Also, I want to be an example of Christ. and I don't think that cussing is a good way to do that. So, I'm going to be much more aware of my words at all times.

Those are only four of the many things that I want to do this year. I think keeping my list small will help me accomplish more. If I see a huge list of TO DO's, I tend to freak out and think that I can't do it all so why try any? Ya, that's a bad mindset but that is just what I do! So we're starting small here. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. I think those all sound like great resolutions. I'm not one for making resolutions either, but its good to do a little self searching occasionally and see what you'd like to fix. My favorite is #2: being 'intentional' about relationships is such an important thing. All relationships, no matter what type, take work. Its easy to be lazy..but that kills love/trust/friendship/growth.
    That was a very wise resolution to make.

    By the way, its almost your birthday! <3

    ReplyDelete